Monday, April 26, 2010

Can I Be Trusted?

1 Thessalonians 2:4  But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak;
 
As I was reading this morning these words jumped out at me.  I asked myself, can I be trusted with the Gospel?  You see, God when He gave me the Gospel, gave me a very precious treasure.  It is a treasure that exceeds all value of any earthly possession.  The assurance of knowing one has a home in heaven throughout eternity is worth far more than gold.  Thank God that I have that assurance, but what am I doing with it?  Have I hid it in a closet somewhere?  Have I buried it?  By doing so, I have in turn diminished its value.
 
This treasure only has true value when it is shared.  God has trusted me with the Gospel.  What am I doing with it?  Have I proven myself trustworthy?

No comments: